Activision’s shooter has dominated the sales charts in the west ever since its release on November 9 last year. Ubisoft’s Just Dance 2 takes second spot and three new entries – LittleBigPlanet 2, Dead Space 2 and DC Universe Online – make the top 10.
In total the retail US videogame market was worth $1.16 billion during the first month of the year, a drop of 5 per cent year on year. $576 million of that was spent on software, also a 5 per cent fall on last January.
Those figures only account for purchases of physical product at retail. Digital distribution, used game sales, subscriptions, mobile and social games are not included.
Here's the list of top grossing game:
01. Call Of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
02. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
03. Dead Space 2 (EA)
04. LittleBigPlanet 2 (SCEA)
05. Zumba Fitness: Join The Party (Majesco)
06. NBA 2K11 (Take-Two)
07. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
08. Dance Central (MTV Games)
09. Michael Jackson The Experience (Ubisoft)
10. DC Universe Online: The Next Legend Is You (SOE)